Give your holiday party a taste of the tropics with this new recipe for Tropical Island Chex Party Mix!
We all know Chex Party Mix takes just 15 minutes to make in the microwave, is a delicious gluten free snack the whole family can enjoy, and above all else is fun to make!
Our family had lots of fun making the Tropical Island Chex Party Mix we are going to put it in snack size baggies and use it as treats for my son’s classroom at school. You could also put it in a glass mason jar or any other container because it makes a great gift!
Tropical Island Chex Mix Recipe
8 – cups Rice Chex cereal
1 – cup shredded coconut, if desired
1 – cup dried banana chips
1 – package (7 oz) dried tropical fruit mix
1 – jar (3 oz) macadamia nuts
3 – tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 – cup packed brown sugar
1/4 – cup frozen (thawed) pineapple or orange juice concentrate
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- In ungreased large roasting pan, mix cereal, coconut, banana chips, tropical fruit mix and nuts.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, brown sugar and juice concentrate over medium heat until hot.
- Then pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.
I’m really excited to tell you about the great savings that is happening this week at Publix:
11/14—12/31: Save $1.00 off 2 Chex cereals, find coupon in the “All The Trimmings” coupon booklet, available now until 12/31/13 in Publix stores.
12/12—12/18: BOGO on the following Chex cereals:
14.25oz Chocolate Chex
13.75oz Apple Cinn Chex
13.5oz Cinn Chex
14oz Corn Chex
13.8oz Honey Nut Chex
12.8oz Rice Chex
14oz Wheat Chex
13.5oz Vanilla Chex
I wrote this review and received Free products and information necessary from General Mills and Publix through Platefull Co-Op to facilitate my candid review. No other forms of payment were or will be received. All opinions are that of Coupon Saving Family!