Are you looking for new and different healthy snacks to serve your children after school or maybe a new lunch box idea? If so I encourage you to try this new recipe made with Quaker Oats.
5 Minute No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
(makes about 12 bars)
Ingredients: Dry (use scant measurements):
* 1 & 3/4 C rolled oats
* 1 C crisp puffed brown rice cereal
* 1/4 C pumpkin seeds
* 1/4 C sunflower seeds
* 1/4 C chia seeds (optional)
* 1/4 C unsweetened coconut (optional)
* 1/8 C finely ground flaxseed (optional)
Wet (use generous measurements):
* 1/2 C brown rice syrup
* 1/3 C creamy peanut butter
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
1) Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Mix them together.
2) In a separate (microwave safe) bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, then microwave them for about 20 to 30 seconds. This will make it easier to mix and add to the dry ingredients since it’s really sticky!
3) Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix! Keep mixing until the wet binding ingredients are as well distributed as possible. Put some muscle into it!
4) Put the mixture into a shallow pan and flatten it down. Done and done!
Be sure to check out the rest of the After School Snacks made from Quaker Oats.