Our family loves spicy foods of all kinds. So I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to give two of the newest Del Monte products a try.
So with game day coming up this weekend I wanted to find a couple of quick and easy things to make for game day. I made both of the recipes below. They both were very simple to make and didn’t take a lot of time. However most important they both was really yummy for all ages. I encourage you to give both of them a try with your family.
The new Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes are the perfect way to spice up main dishes and snacking recipes.
Santa Fe Chicken Quesadillas
* 1 can of Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies (drain well)
* 2 cups of diced cooked chicken
* 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheese – I used cheddar
* 6 – 7 to 8 inch plain or flavored flour tortillas
* Guacamole (optional)
1. Spray an unheated skillet or griddle with non-stick spray.
2. Stir together 1 cup Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies, chicken and cheese.
3. Spoon a small amount of the mixture on half of each tortilla.
4. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently.
5. Cook in skillet or griddle over medium heat 1 minute per side or until lightly browned.
6. Garnish with remaining Del Monte Tomatoes and guacamole.
Prep time: 5 minutes – Cook time: 10 minutes – 6 servings
Our family loved both of the new Del Monte Southwestern Style Tomatoes. We will be using them both again. Del Monte canned tomatoes, fruits and vegetables contain the same essential nutrients as fresh varieties.
The majority of Del Monte products are picked at the peak of ripeness and canned on the same day, to ensure nutrients and flavor are locked in. As a mom Del Monte is a brand I can trust.
¾ pound lean ground beef
1 can of Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies – Original
1 can Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn (drained)
1 cup canned low sodium black beans (drained) – I used the whole can
2 cups of shredded cheese any kind (I used cheddar)
Low fat sour cream
1.Brown meat in skillet; drain. Stir in undrained tomatoes, corn and black beans; cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until liquid is gone.
2.Arrange chips in single layer in large shallow ovenproof platter or baking sheet.
3.Spoon meat mixture over chips then top with shredded cheese.
4.Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream.
*I did one batch in the oven then I tried one without putting it in the oven and it was just as good because the meat mixture is hot it melted the cheese in a few minutes. So it’s really up to you if you want to put it in the oven to melt the cheese.
Prep time: 5 minutes – Cook time 10 minutes – serves 8
Be Sure to Enter the Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Sweepstakes it’s easy follow the directions below;
1. Go to the Del Monte Pinterest page
2. Follow Del Monte Brand on Pinterest
3. Create a Pinterest board named “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off” and pin at least two (2) Del Monte Tomato Recipes and at least two (2) of your favorite entertaining ideas.
4. Visit the official Sweepstakes website and register the link to your Pinterest board for a chance to win!
~ Win It ~
One Lucky Reader of Coupon Saving Family will win a Del Monte Gift Pack which includes:
* (1) Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
* (1) Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
* $25 Visa gift card
~ Mandatory Entry ~
* Fill out the entry form with your name, address and email.
~ Earn extra chances to win by doing the following ~
* Share this Giveaway on Google+
* Pin this Giveaway on Pintrest
* Share this Giveaway with your Friends on Facebook
* Share this Giveaway on Twitter
* Share this Giveaway with any social network – look at top & bottom of the post for easy clickable Share Links
* Blog about this giveaway on your blog.
* Follow Coupon Saving on Google – click link on right side bar!